Welcome, Guest
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username

Password

(Advanced Search)

Forum Statistics
» Members: 6,225
» Latest member: agemaagency
» Forum threads: 1,915
» Forum posts: 12,407

Full Statistics

Online Users
There are currently 68 online users.
» 0 Member(s) | 68 Guest(s)

Latest Threads
The EncapBoard is Now Clo...
Forum: GENERAL DISCUSSION
Last Post: encapman
12-24-2020, 04:48 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 12,543
cleaning glue down carpet
11-16-2020, 03:12 PM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 2,811
7-Part Commercial Carpet ...
10-07-2020, 04:25 PM
» Views: 2,627
Releasit & Fiber pads in ...
09-22-2020, 04:26 PM
» Views: 3,671
Cleaning Solutions in hea...
08-30-2020, 09:56 PM
» Views: 4,233
ox-Erase
08-18-2020, 05:26 PM
» Views: 4,449
Noisy Cimex
07-27-2020, 06:01 PM
» Replies: 5
» Views: 8,004
NEW Excellent Supply Webs...
07-13-2020, 05:14 PM
» Views: 3,912
New joiners
Last Post: Lounge Lizards
04-17-2020, 05:21 PM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 8,317
Gecko 7-foot Extender Hos...
03-21-2020, 06:25 AM
» Views: 8,112

Steps
Posted by: Krysmalski - 06-23-2012, 01:00 PM - Forum: GENERAL DISCUSSION - Replies (6)

I'm new to encap. How do you guys clean steps?

Solution won't shut off (sometimes).
Posted by: KennyWright - 06-20-2012, 01:23 AM - Forum: GENERAL DISCUSSION - Replies (10)

I did a little 3000+ sqft. encap job today and made quick and easy money from happy customers but noticed a problem. More often than not, when I release the solution handle the DS was still coming out a little less than half as fast as wide open.

What do I need, a new spring or something else? I'm ready to place an order but I will wait to hear from the Cimex gurus. Also Rick, please put the Red 1 on the website spotters, thanks.

Annoying Cimex problem
Posted by: Shorty - 06-19-2012, 05:20 PM - Forum: GENERAL DISCUSSION - Replies (1)

My most cherished object in life (after Delia), is giving me a small pain.

My trusty Big Yella, or 'Mex;, is giving a slight scraping sound every so often.

It appears that the yellow top plate that holds the bumper, is sometimes scraping on the blue bowl.

It only happens momentarily, and it seems to be where the lifting fork pivots.

I have read of others with this problem, their fix being to stand on the front of the yellow top plate and their weight "bends" the plate back into position.

Personally, I don't favour this idea, but I am willing to "bend" to experience if this is the only option.

Looking forward to a panacea for my loved one.

Shorty down under.

New to the Board
Posted by: Blue Ridge Floor Care - 06-16-2012, 01:09 PM - Forum: GENERAL DISCUSSION - Replies (12)

After reading the archives, I placed my first order for DS2 and a case of FiberPlus pads. I'm new to the biz, but have been encapping a little bit recently using a 175 and white, hard surface pads. I was using another brand of juice and really wanted to try DS2 for a demo that I will be doing next Thursday. If I'm able to impress this company with great results, the demo could result in tens of thousands of square feet of commercial carpet cleaning. My next purchase would then be a Cimex! Fingers crossed!
On a side note, it's really nice to see an online forum where it's members are civil to one another. And the new format looks great!

Question Anyone have trouble signing-up on the EncapBoard?
Posted by: encapman - 06-15-2012, 05:00 PM - Forum: GENERAL DISCUSSION - Replies (13)

Is anyone having a difficult time generating a new user account on the new EncapBoard?

I received a message today that someone was having a problem signing up with Internet Explorer 8. He had to sign up with Firefox instead. I'm not aware of a problem with any specific browser, but I'm having our web guy look into it. It wouldn't suprise me if there's a problem with Internet Explorer though (it's a notoriously buggy browser).

So if by chance you're having trouble signing up, perhaps try it with a different browser such as Firefox. And we will try to track down any issues there might be with Internet Explorer. Thanks

We're looking forward to seeing you on the EncapBoard.
Smile

Starting Over--sort of
Posted by: ccman - 06-14-2012, 06:33 PM - Forum: GENERAL DISCUSSION - Replies (1)

Rick, this is a great site!! I really like the new look and feel. Well Done. I can relate...please read on.

I find it a little more than interesting that I just put the finishing touches on and launched my new website yesterday. I built it from scratch on a WordPress platform with video instruction. I can easily identify with your excitement.
I was able to change to a more searchable domain name, embed and incorporate SEO enhancements and take control of my business in a way I haven't before. I am saving monster monthly hosting fees.
This work is further boosted by an Adwords campaign that I put together with a Google rep that helped me straighten out my Google Places listing and a $100.00 Google credit.
Lastly, I am working with a company that will follow up on all my prospects/leads that fill out my Contact Us Form on the website and click submit. There goal is to make contact within 2-5 min and set an appointment. My only cost is the booked appts.
I am hoping I can attract some commercial business this way but even if I don't the cash flow from residential work should allow time to pursue the commercial work conventionally, belly to belly.
I have come to depend on Excellent Supply for product, customer service and advice. This forum is a valuable tool in the fight against my ignorance. I occasionally feel I am gaining in that fight.

Steve-o

Pads shedding
Posted by: Hammack - 06-14-2012, 01:19 PM - Forum: GENERAL DISCUSSION - Replies (8)

Can anyone comment on pad shedding?

I have used all types of pads for cleaning commercial carpets with cimex, however the pieces of pad left on the floor can be a nuisance to pick up and slow down production.

I prefer the fiberplus pads, however I'm having a lot of shedding issues. Could be the carpet type, but I can't tell any difference on that factor.

Recommend a good pad that does not shed?

Getting slammed with resi work.
Posted by: Derek - 06-14-2012, 12:30 PM - Forum: GENERAL DISCUSSION - Replies (1)

well slammed for me, considering we mostly do commercial work Big Grin

normally September is our busy resi month, when kids go back to school. the past 30 days is the most resi calls i've ever gotten in 1 month.

are all of you guys more busy than usual with resi?

tx --- Derek.

Encap-Clean DS Video
Posted by: encapman - 06-13-2012, 10:47 PM - Forum: GENERAL DISCUSSION - No Replies

WELCOME to The New EncapBoard
Posted by: encapman - 06-13-2012, 09:32 AM - Forum: GENERAL DISCUSSION - Replies (15)

Welcome to the new EncapBoard. We've put together some nice new additions to this message board that I think you're gonna like. So take a look around. Please be an engaged member. We'd love to see you contribute your comments and add to the discussions here!

You'll notice that there's a General Discussion section for discussing everything related to encapsulation, commercial carpet care, and business in general. There's also a section for Releasit Reviews where end users like yourself can write a review/comments about any Releasit product. We've also set up a category for the Monthly Photo Contest so it'll be easier to see all the great Before & After shots. We also have a Product Spotlight section where we'll be answering common questions and adding helpful information and tips about using Releasit products. And all the old EncapBoard messages from the past 10 years are archived and are still searchable by clicking Old Message Board Posts .

So please bookmark EncapBoard.com and check back often. In fact, several of the most popular message boards are up top under "Other Resources" ... so you might actually use EncapBoard as a hub leading you to the other boards.

We're looking forward to your participation. Enjoy!