Welcome, Guest
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username

Password

(Advanced Search)

Forum Statistics
» Members: 6,225
» Latest member: agemaagency
» Forum threads: 1,915
» Forum posts: 12,407

Full Statistics

Online Users
There are currently 70 online users.
» 0 Member(s) | 69 Guest(s)
Applebot

Latest Threads
The EncapBoard is Now Clo...
Forum: GENERAL DISCUSSION
Last Post: encapman
12-24-2020, 04:48 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 12,534
cleaning glue down carpet
11-16-2020, 03:12 PM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 2,807
7-Part Commercial Carpet ...
10-07-2020, 04:25 PM
» Views: 2,626
Releasit & Fiber pads in ...
09-22-2020, 04:26 PM
» Views: 3,661
Cleaning Solutions in hea...
08-30-2020, 09:56 PM
» Views: 4,227
ox-Erase
08-18-2020, 05:26 PM
» Views: 4,441
Noisy Cimex
07-27-2020, 06:01 PM
» Replies: 5
» Views: 7,978
NEW Excellent Supply Webs...
07-13-2020, 05:14 PM
» Views: 3,910
New joiners
Last Post: Lounge Lizards
04-17-2020, 05:21 PM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 8,305
Gecko 7-foot Extender Hos...
03-21-2020, 06:25 AM
» Views: 8,104

Sprayer or solution tank
Posted by: cammo54 - 10-12-2012, 08:37 AM - Forum: GENERAL DISCUSSION - Replies (25)

Hi all,
I encap with Releasit DS using a Taski 165 rotary scrubber (can't afford to upgrade to
Cimex or Orbot yet) and fibre plus pads on residential and commercial. Whilst I'm generally very pleased with the results, I'm wondering whether a tank for the Taski is a good idea? Alot of times very little evidence of the solution is showing as I clean, but on synthetics it is more visible (presuming this is because the solution sits on top of the fibre rather than soak in on wool)?
I generally use about 2 litres of mixed solution per ave sized room.
Are there any health issues from spraying on a daily basis compared to using a tank?
Thanks
Cammo

first forray into encap cleaning
Posted by: Captain Morgan - 10-11-2012, 02:27 PM - Forum: GENERAL DISCUSSION - Replies (5)

Hi Everyone,

I picked up a box of Fiber Plus pads, a gal of Releasit DS and Hydrox last year when I thought I was going to clean my Church's carpets. Its been probably 7-8 years since they were cleaned and the carpet is about 40 years old, low cut pile glue down. Things got delayed, delayed again etc.. I cleaned them this week over the last two days and I still have one wing and some small conference rooms left to do.

I used my 175 and electric sprayer (no shower-fed tank/driver yet). I mixed according to directions. I got very little foam, just a little bit of frosted appearance on the carpet when cleaning but I thought I would have got more. Is that normal? I tried to take pictures but with my phone but they didn't come out good at all.

I didn't seem to get nearly the coverage I hoped to get either. The church is roughly 5k sq ft of carpet but I've only done about 1200 sq feet and have nearly used 3/4 of my encap solutions. When I was getting very little foaming I mixed it a little more concentrated hoping to get more foaming. Would that have made more foam? I know if the conditions are heavy it may be necessary to mix stronger. I just didn't get a consistant "look" to the carpet as I was cleaning. Is that normal?

The second day, I hot water extracted because I wasn't satisfied with the results. HWE was much much slower but results were better. I don't understand how some of you guys go into rat nasty apartments, dives, dumps, restaurants, etc and get such great results. Some claim to get better results than HWE.. I'm not convinced of that right now but I still have an open mind.

This was more a learning experience for me with a new cleaning method, I want to get more commercial accounts with encap but I just thought my results would have been better. I hope I'm not sounding too critical. I could definitely see a difference between the section I encapped compared to the un-cleaned section next to it. But the next day when I HWE that section, the encapped side look dirtier. I understand the whole carpet should have been HWE to flush the carpets out real well.

What could I have done differently besides using a cimex.. I can't afford one right now. Should I have used different chems? Would Punch as a pre spray made any difference? The hydrox didn't touch the coffee spills one bit, that was really a bummer. How do you guys work your miracles?! What am I doing wrong? I'm seriously bummed!

Bill Morgan

I'm embarassed
Posted by: Cairnswun - 10-11-2012, 04:34 AM - Forum: GENERAL DISCUSSION - Replies (2)

Had to go and do some spot cleaning in a Catholic School.

They wanted it to be dry before morning.

I quoted them $110.00

Took me half an hour.Blush

They wanted to know why there is such a big grey mark on the floor after I cleaned.

Told them that is CLEAN CARPET.

They've now booked me for the whole school over the Christmas holidays.

Said they had forgotten that the carpet was that color.

I haven't cleaned a whole school for years. Sad

Trying to get away from them. Blush

Oh well, I guess beggars can't be choosers. Big Grin

What tool do you use for edge cleaning?
Posted by: lee@deepclean.us.com - 10-09-2012, 03:37 PM - Forum: GENERAL DISCUSSION - Replies (9)

What is your weapon of choice for cleaning the edges of CGD? I currently use the edge tool from Excellent Supply. It is a brush on a pole but it works well. I am looking at a Pacific motorized baseboard scrubber. Thought I would ask all you experts what you are using and what you like.

Lee

Need a new toy
Posted by: jtmellon - 10-08-2012, 10:53 PM - Forum: GENERAL DISCUSSION - Replies (3)

I need a tool to do stairs, I have been using my Gecko extractor but it gets kind of heavy and the hose is on the short side, so I have been think of this. Can hold FP Pads or bonetts.

What do you think?

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41...AA300_.jpg

PROFESSIONAL EQUIPMENT (just getting conversation started)
Posted by: Charles - 10-08-2012, 03:11 PM - Forum: GENERAL DISCUSSION - Replies (4)

Met a guy on a plane a week ago who lives in North Carolina.
He called this major Brand Name store that also provides carpet cleaning
to get his place cleaned. So they send out a real professional carpet cleaner who
shows up with a Rug Doctor machine. What would your customers think of you
if you showed up with rental equipment or non professional equipment?

Let's see how many people we can get to chime in.

What has happened?
Posted by: jtmellon - 10-06-2012, 11:12 PM - Forum: GENERAL DISCUSSION - Replies (22)

Where is everyone? It's like dead on here since Rick went to the new forum. Where has everyone gone?

Maybe all out making money? Shy

Photo 24 Month Interest-Free Offer (1 week only)
Posted by: encapman - 10-04-2012, 06:57 AM - Forum: GENERAL DISCUSSION - No Replies

Hey guys,
We just sent out this offer via email, but I figured I'd post it here for you to take a look too. This is a nice offer if anyone is sitting on the fence about getting some new equipment. For 1 week only, we are able to offer a full 24 months of interest free financing. Give us a call if you have an interest in no interest Smile

[Image: interest-free-cimex.png]

cimex machine
Posted by: cleanclub77 - 09-30-2012, 11:03 PM - Forum: GENERAL DISCUSSION - Replies (3)

My fairly new cimex machine has been doing more sitting in the garage than it is being used. Before I use it again would you think there would be any calcium buildup or anything you would reccommend I do before using the machine to make sure when I do use it it will be funtioning properly?(I've got to get busy)

Thumbs Up Encap Basic
Posted by: jtmellon - 09-30-2012, 09:32 AM - Forum: GENERAL DISCUSSION - Replies (4)

I do a small playhouse, they pay me for janitorial services and as a favor and my way of giving back to them every so often I do their carpets for free. They give me enough work through out the year to make up for this, so I don't mind.

Anyway, I use Encap Basic on the carpets using my 17" rotory and a FP Max pad and let me tell you, I am just blown away by the results every time.

Encap Basic is priced enough that I feel like myself and the customer are both getting our moneys worth. Big Grin

If you have a job that needs carpet cleaning on a regular basis and you don't want to use the DS, then Encap Basic is your best bet for the money.